Monday, July 8

Grant Holt Joins the Latics for £2m

Well, with Arouna Kone gone, Grant Holt is straight in as the replacement. Owen Coyle's New signing will join the 6 other players to have signed for recently relegated side Wigan Athletic.

Owen Coyle's response to his new signing was, "He will definitely bring something new to the table that we were missing in the squad."
I completely agree with this statement as I believe Wigan's main issue last season was the lack of goals. The set of defenders at the club were strong, and some great midfielders. However I you watch teams like Southampton and Swansea who survive most times, they seem to concede very often. So my conclusion is that they try to out score rather than fully knuckle down defensively. Maybe this is the way to stay up in the prem?

I also believe their set of strikers weren't the strongest, and although Arouna Kone was a hit with a lot of Premier  League fans I don't believe he did what they needed at Wigan. However I believe holts the man they need. Holt is a naturally talented striker and finishes for fun, he can hold up the ball an battle against almost any defender. The main argument for Holt is that he proved well in the Premier League so he surely can only do better in the League down?



No comments:

Post a Comment